Logo

OX66 Yahama 250 HP all of the sudden wont start

30lbtest

"I had work done to my boat ou

"I had work done to my boat out of the water. Had the tank at 1/8 to make it easy to pull.

So now I get it home and of course the hot cold mix creates water in the fuel. I start it today go 1/2 mile and port engine cuts out. I look at the racors and they are cloudy.

I drain them and pull the covers to see the red rings up high . I remove them and pour them out.

I leave them loose and go through the 12oz or so of water at the racors until I get good clear gas. I use the balls to get the fuel full in racors and the clear tanks on engine. The red rings are at the bottom.

I get the SBD engine going fine but the Port engine will not start. It turns fast and the ball is hard, I can build up pressure in the clear tank to the point that when I loosen it spills fuel when I loosen it.

So why wont it all of the sudden not start. Plugs look fine. I cleaned them with a bursh at the dock just in case. Even in nuetral in about the 1200 rpm position it will not catch or start at all.

ideas? Seems fuel pumps would not just all the sudden go bad.

Basically, water in fuel, drain racors, drain clear on engines. Put back... One engne starts the other wont catch at all.

Thanks for any help"

Back