Logo

Voltage reg kit for Faria tachometer on Johnson 115

david_c

"I am getting ready to install

"I am getting ready to install my tach and noticed that the Faria instruction say to us a volt reg kit for my make/model..
I have an 05 Johnson 115 2 stroke. I seem to recall something about a resistor on my tach for my 99 Johnson 70 horse. Is that what they are talking about for this tach? If so does anyone know what size resistor I need? Does it install the same way, from the positive to the neg?

Thanks in advance.
David"

All outboard tachs (Evinru

All outboard tachs (Evinrude/Johnson) takes the rev 'pulses' from the grey cable from regulator. In other words: No regulator = no tach. You may use the present gray cable coming from the regulator to hook to Your tach. (Same gray that is in the cable harness to Your remote/instruments)

"Thanks for the reply. I have

"Thanks for the reply. I have the gray wire hooked up. I was just wondering what the instructions were referring to when they said to use a " volt reg. kit"? I haven't power anything up yet and I am still a couple of days away from re-installing the center console with all the gages. Just making double sure so I don't have problems later. Better to ask if it is right than how to fix after the fact.
happy.gif

Thanks
David"

Back