Logo

Fuel filter inlet nut gasket

M

migot07

"I picked up a carb fuel filte

"I picked up a carb fuel filter at the local mercruiser shop the other day for a '94 bayliner with a 3.0 liter GM 4 cylinder engine. The engine serial # is OF141421 (it that helps any). The Sealok manual in an exploded diagram assembly shows for the 2 barrel carb, part # 31, which is a round, circular gasket that goes on the fuel inlet nut. On older GM cars, some of you may remember a fiber gasket that went there.
1)The parts lady shows no listing for this inlet nut gasket. She and a guy in the parts office thought thats because it is a steel gasket. Can anyone tell me if it's fiber or steel?
2)She said if it wasn't steel, my only option would be to buy a whole carb rebuild kit. I know Advance Auto Parts has a miscellaneous selection of fiber gaskets that go onto the fuel filter nut, but I am not sure if the right one would be in there. Hate to break the line loose, and then find out some oddball fiber gasket is in there that I can't find. Any advice appreciated."

I finally found a fuel inlet n

I finally found a fuel inlet nut gasket for the mercruiser 3.0 liter GM 4 cylinder. It is Quicksilver part 3302-9044 and it cost and with tax was almost $5. I thought it would just be the steel washer for the carb- it has that and 4 smaller steel washers and an e-clip. 1)Wonder what the heck these other parts are for?

Back