Logo

318 Transmission

J

James79

I have the opportunity buy a c

I have the opportunity buy a complete 318 for a repower. I have a 1:1 velvet drive already but the new 318 has a jet drive attached. Would this be an easy swap or should I steer clear of the jet drive altogether?

Thanks!

"I wouldn't think there wo

"I wouldn't think there would be a problem. They have very few moving parts that could go wrong really. I always thought the nice thing about having one is not having to worry about hitting anything, especially in unfamiliar water....Good luck"

"Are you considering butching

"Are you considering butching your boat to install this thing? Would not recommend that! Besides, jet drives are less efficient.

Jeff"

"I don't plan on using the

"I don't plan on using the jet drive at all, it just comes with the new engine I'm considering purchasing. Just wondering how difficult it will be to install the velvet drive 1:1 after removing the jet.

Thanks Again,

James"

If your only swapping the engi

If your only swapping the engines I'm not sure what would prevent you from doing it. Is it a Chrysler jet and what condition is it in?

Not sure if it's a chrysle

Not sure if it's a chrysler jet but it's brand new.

Chrysler stopped making them 2

Chrysler stopped making them 20 yrs ago so that rules them out unless it was refurbed. You could always sell it.

"i have a 1.52:1 velvet drive

"i have a 1.52:1 velvet drive with a bell housing, so it would bolt right on to your 318 if you like. i am looking for a 1:1 if you have any info. Also, i can sell you just the bell housing if you are interested. let me know-- [email protected]"

Back