Logo

1985 15hp gamefisher ignition

lookin

"I have a 1985 15hp Gamefisher

"I have a 1985 15hp Gamefisher Model# 217.586360 that has a non working ignition system. My question, is there a way to convert this from electronic ignition or the place I might find parts other than sears which seems to come up dry for what I need.

Thanks in advance for any help with this problem"

good luck. try taking off the

good luck. try taking off the fly wheel and cleaning the magnet and the solid state pick up and check your coil to make sure it has a good ground to the frame. you might get lucky. if not try a lawn mower parts house. i did countless searching for parts for the solid state ignition and only came up with a guy on the net who has made a new pick up that works on a 12 volt set-up and actually works on old tecumseh riding mowers people wanted to replace parts on. he has had great success with it. he sends you your pick-up but he suggest you get a motorcycle coil and it seemed like alot of work.

"Your 15 horse was built by Es

"Your 15 horse was built by Eska for Sears. They are long out of business, but fortunately they got their powerheads from Tecumseh (so your powerhead was shared with tillers and snowblowers etc).

So like Scott suggests -

Try a small engine place that deals with Tecumseh, they should be able to hook you up with all the cross ref numbers you could possibly need and give you the advice you are seeking..."

"scott puffer,

Would you be

"scott puffer,

Would you be ever so kind to share the link to this guy on the net your talkin about with new pick up.

Thanks in Advance"

Back