Logo

1967 OMC Stern drive

67thsportsman

"I am a new User and this ques

"I am a new User and this question has probably already been asked and answered in past years, but, what year of OMC stern drives would attach to my 1967 Evinrude Sportsman boat with the 155 hp buick V6 Engine? (My current Stern drive is an OMC Electric shift)"

"What is wrong with the sternd

"What is wrong with the sterndrive?

The sterndrive operates properly but the Propeller shaft has a crack in it (from fatigue).

Thought maybe I should start keeping my eyes open for an older boat, one in good condition, one with a simmiliar outdrive, and if needed swap units. Just in case I'm not able to get mine fixed."

those shafts are available. no

those shafts are available. no need to buy a complete drive for that.I would highly recommend spending the $35 on a sealoc manual for that drive. I cant say enough of how much info these can give you on these drives

I dunno - I think the 67 and e

I dunno - I think the 67 and earlier had unique propshaft with different bearing arrangement. I used to have one... will go digging... not sure if I sold it or not.
The part number is stamped on the end of the shaft if I recall....

379413 is the shaft i have. It

379413 is the shaft i have. It's out of a pre-68 lower. the splines are in closer together than the one in that eBay auction. plus mine has the cam lobe for the oil pump in the center (between the splines). lemme know if that's the one you need.

"Thanks Dave and HY-STAT for t

"Thanks Dave and HY-STAT for the information.
This weekend I managed to get ahold of a 1967 OMC Manual for the 155 hp stern drive unit and noticed which Propeller shaft I would need (OMC part 381846, with cam lobe for oil pump). I also managed to purchase one from an area Supplier, (This was before I saw HY-STAT's message), I was shocked the supplier still had one. Now I have another Question. Is this something I should install myself or should I have a professional install it? I have basic Automotive skills."

Back