Logo

RE Rebuild or Replace

snitewolf

"Hey all, been so long I forgo

"Hey all, been so long I forgot my sign in. Got a '75 Bayliner liberty with the AQ130C/270 Volvo in it and while replacing the head gasket last fall found a bad 'ding' in No 1 piston. trying to decide to replace or rebuild. I know how to rebuild a motor, but is there anyplace to find a short or longblock this old anymore. Am I better off trying to upgrade to a newer motor instead. This setup does not have any engine mounts so would have to fashion a set-up if I went to anything new. Any suggestions are welcome. Also if anyone has a good running AQ130C near MI for sale I may be interested."

"Jim, a local V/P dealer repla

"Jim, a local V/P dealer replaced the AQ130C engine in my '72 Delta about 6 years ago with a rebuilt AQ130C bobtail engine which he purchased direct from V/P for me. I did not have the equipment or knowledge to remove the old engine, rebuild, install the new one, etc. so that was the best option for me. The AQ130C is a Volvo B20 engine with some marine modifications, so you might just look around for a B20 and go from there. Good luck."

Back