Logo

1980 DT25 no spark

S

Shane C.

"Anyone...please help. I have

"Anyone...please help. I have a 1980 DT25 Suzuki outboard w/ no spark. The engine ran fine a few months ago before I stored it and now no spark on either plug. I've tried to find a schematic that shows the resistances on the ignition, stator and CDI with NO LUCK! (Not even a service manual.) Where can I find this info. so that I can find the bad part? There's also a "interlock" switch w/ 4 wires coming out of it. 2 wires go to the CDI and the other 2 go to the stay switch, (F-N-R switch). What does this do and how to check it? The ignition coil as measured from plug boot to plug boot shows 49K ohms. The stator coil reads 120 ohms and the CDI shows good forward biasing when the DMM is on diode check but I have nothing to show me what wires should be reading what! The Suzuki dealer couldn't even help me! Someone MUST have the knowledge. Please help."

Look for a Clymer Manual they

Look for a Clymer Manual they have good diagrams and tell you what to set your voltage meters at and how to test your electrical parts. You can look for them on amazon.com

Back