Logo

TAMD 40 B Parts

S

seaturtle

"Does anyone know a good sourc

"Does anyone know a good source for parts for Volvo TAMD 40's? There is a local independent tech that can get me parts, but I was wondering if anyone has a good source where you can get parts at a discount?

Thanks,

Chris"

"Chris,

You mentioned the T

"Chris,

You mentioned the TAMD40Bs, I don't know what parts might be compatible, but I have two TAMD40As. I'll be parting them out soon, I hope.
Let me know if there is anything you might be able to use. I'll make you a good deal.

Bob T"

"Jamie,

Still got, pretty m

"Jamie,

Still got, pretty much, the two complete engines. I haven't touched either one in well over a year. Been too busy working on the boat. I was going to take pictures, for someone interested, once before, but ran into yellow-jackets building a nest beside one engine...Still no pictures.

Bob"

"Ok perfect, are you still hop

"Ok perfect, are you still hoping to sell them in parts? What is the reason for renewal? Just the fact that they are old I presume? If the head had no cracks I would be happy to give around 1000$ for it if you could have it checked before shipping?
Cheers Jamie"

"Jamie,

Am replacing the 40

"Jamie,

Am replacing the 40s with 41s. Yea, if I can muster up the nerve to jack with the yellow-jackets or con one of my sons into it...I'll have one of the heads pulled and checked. I bought the 41s from an ex-dealer down the bayou, so maybe I can have him check it out. I'll get back to you later.

Bob"

"Sorry to mess you about, but

"Sorry to mess you about, but I think I should just get a checked one from the Uk as I am in Spain & they are well known to crack like mine has.
Thanks anyhow
Jamie"

"Craig,
I haven't even re

"Craig,
I haven't even removed the covers on the engines, both are on a motorcycle trailer parked in my back yard. To be honest, I don't know what condition anything is...except that neither will turn over. The oil cooler and piping may be ok, I'll check and get back to you.
bob"

Back