Logo

2000 dt 225 wont fire

provb28

I am able to turn motor over b

I am able to turn motor over but not getting any spark please help.
I tried to locate BL/red wire to disconnect on CDI still no spark but im not sure if I have disconnected the correct wire not familiar with these motors.
I also notice that my ignition siwtch is loose so when the key is turned the whole switch will turn as well could their be a problem in this area ?
thanks for all your help

unplug the the wiring harness

unplug the the wiring harness from motor
then jump the starter relay
do u have spark now?

tonight I will jump the relay

tonight I will jump the relay if get spark what does this mean ? if don't get spark what would be by next step? i have to travel to the marina to figure this out so a couple alternatives would greatly help resolve this issue
thanks

no spark after unplugging harn

no spark after unplugging harnes and jumping starter relay as well as no spark after unplugging bl/red wire on CDI?

"a while ago I created this th

"a while ago I created this thread because of no spark after testing what I could I was not able to go any further, I broke down and had a dealership diagnose my problem they came up with my stator coil was bad I changed the stator coil and still no spark what is my next step on what should be chaecked or possibly bad"

"I have the same problem with

"I have the same problem with my 1987 DT 75 there is a test to see if the cdi is bad but you need a voltage meter and look in the service manual for your motor it should tell you what the min an max out put your cdi should be putting out if it is not up to par than your next step would be to replace it (you can crank the motor over to check this). If the cdi is okay than have your coils checked. there should be a test you can do with the voltage meter as well in your service manual. Good luck, ignition problems suck and are expensive to fix if not diagnosed properly."

Back