Logo

1990 90 hp force

bobbyrod

are these motors suppose to sm

are these motors suppose to smoke so bad when you first start them up is it suppose to smoke out the cooling water holes too thanks what is a good way to decarb this out board any ideas thanks

"Depends what you mean by &#34

"Depends what you mean by "smoke so bad", my buddy this exact model and after it has sat for a week, it does puke out a bit of smoke when you start it up.

Are you running premixed gas or do you have an autoblend system on this? Could be just overmixed oil (??)

To decarb, I personally use a product called Mercury Powertune (available at most marine places) - just follow the directions on the spray can. Others use a product called "seafoam" which is a gas additive - again, follow the directions on the bottle..."

it smokes while it is out of g

it smokes while it is out of gear specialy when i rev up the engine once im in gear i dont see smoke is there a auto blend for this motor i currently blend the oil gas 50-1 is there a better oil out there i was using walmart brand i just recently went to quick silver is it suppose to smoke out the pee holes ? thanks

Back