Logo

Propspeed anyone

linesix

Advanced Contributor
"I received a request from one

"I received a request from one of my accounts to begin offering the underwater gear coating "PropSpeed" so they can offer it as an option to their dealers on their IPS powered boats.

This request was prompted by one of their international dealers who swears by it and wants it on all of their new boats.

The product's US importer is trying to encourage me to become a distributor/application center.

All of the press reports I read are impressive, in fact Volvo published a service bulletin endorsing the product. My grandfather used to say "That paper will sit there while they write anything on it". What experience do you guys have with it, good or bad?

Most of the complaints I have heard involve it coming off. The application process is pretty involved and very specific. Everyone I have talked to who had a problem with adhesion has either skipped a step or two, or run aground and scrubbed it off.

The product is very expensive, but if it works like they reports claim, it will pay for itself in fuel savings and give increased speed.

I am looking for unbiased first hand experience. Please let me know what you think of it.

For those not familiar with it, here is the link to the US importers website.

Thanks in advance for your opinions.

Rick
http://http://www.propspeedusa.com
148654.gif
"

"i do not think a $500.00 bill

"i do not think a $500.00 bill every 2 year is not very economical ,[just for material].if the boat is used every weekend there should be no problem with build up ."

"I'm finding it to be quit

"I'm finding it to be quite the contrary. Based on some independent test reports I have read, if you use your boat every weekend, you will save well over $500.00 in two years just in fuel usage. Plus you get the benefits of the anti-foul protection.

You need a really big boat to need the $500.00 (1 L) kit. I bought that kit, feeling I would need that much for the five sets of IPS props I needed to do. That's 10 props, I used half the kit and did not skimp on material. This stuff really goes far in terms of coverage.

Anyone else out there have any actual experience with the product? Thanks for the input so far."

"I haven't seen one yet, o

"I haven't seen one yet, other than the cutaway versions at the boat shows.

The problem with the Zeus is, due too all the patents Volvo has on the IPS system, (around 50) Merc will never be able to offer all the features and advantages the Volvo unit has. Not unless they want to spend millions of dollars engineering their own system. Mercruiser is way too cheap to do that, they would rather copy someone else's ingenuity rather than have an original idea of their own.

With the limited features of the Zeus, you might as well have an I/O. I only foresee limited success with it, and that's only due to the Brunswick boat companies who will be forced to use it over the IPS, when it actually hits the market."

"maybe the ads should quote a

"maybe the ads should quote a coverage per container , now that i know i will look into a purchase for my 40' JERSY may be worth it."

Back