Logo

120hp Lehman Production date

johny74

"Here is an interesting questi

"Here is an interesting question, just by looking at the pictures would anyone know what year/s is this engine. Just so when I do have to order parts I have an idea. Thanks!!!"

"<[img]"http://www.marineengin

"
148518.jpg
"

"John, by the picture it is ei

"John, by the picture it is either a 2715E 120 Lehman or 2704E which is a 120hp but older than a 120. Look under the fuel filters and see if there is a 2700 series number.

regards,
Greg"

"Greg,

I have CHB Trawler w

"Greg,

I have CHB Trawler witht two Ford Lehman engines 4 cyl.The boat is build appr. 1981.I would like to know the HP can you tell me wich engines were made with 4 cyl and their HP. cannot find any identification numbers. No info available in Holland."

"The 4 cylinder listed in my b

"The 4 cylinder listed in my book is a 254 CI. The "industrial" number is 2712-E the Lehman conversion number is 4D254.

Bore and stroke, 4.22 x 4.52"
80 BHP @ 2500 rpm
16:1 compression
Governed speed no load 2650
Governed speed under load 2500
Oil capacity w/filter 8 qts
Normal oil pressure 30 psi @1600 rpm
Water capacity 15 quarts
engine weight 874 w/o transmission
Block only 230 Lbs
Head w/valves 82 Lbs
Flywheel 87 Lbs

Ken"

"Hi,

This is James. I have

"Hi,

This is James. I have a Ford lehman. It is a Dorsel diesel model 5.9l(362 CID), according to the manual. I am trying to find out the year, HP and the proper RPM. The information plaque is missing from the bell housing. The only number that I found is located behind the fuel injection pump(#S671573). Originally, the engine was purchased from Northeast Industrial Power, Inc in Gloucester, MA.
Thanks.
148964.jpg
"

"As you've already discove

"As you've already discovered the Dorsett is considerably different than the Dover engine. I don't have any info on your model. I can suggest though, that the Cubic Inch Displacment might be stamped on the same side of the engine as the serial number you cited above, but on the rear part. If you look at John P's picture above, it would be behind the aft fuel filter (red cans). That would give you a start.
Ken"

Back