Logo

Hard time starting 2007 150hp Etec

B

Bass Slayer 7

"My buddy has a 2007 150 hp E-

"My buddy has a 2007 150 hp E-tec motor. He bought the boat new in 2007. Every other trip or two, we have a hard time getting the motor to start when we first launch it. We took no chances and finally replaced the battery. Both times, they were Interstate cranking batteries with 850CCA. It didn't help much. It doesn't crank very long. We can't seem to crank it for more than 2-3 seconds (hard to tell exactly how long). With my previous Yamaha motor, the motor would keep cranking for 5-10 seconds if I wanted it to. This one doesn't seem to give us enough cranking time (?)

He never got an owner's manual and just ordered one. Sorry for the stupid question. What is the typical start up procedure? We prime the bulb until it's hard, but we don't know if there's a choke. Is there a choke? Are we supposed to put the throttle in neutral and gas it while cranking?

Thanks for the help."

"Keep the handle in neutral, s

"Keep the handle in neutral, switch ignition on and wait for about 5-10 sec so the el fuel pump gets time to build pressure, then crank."

Thanks for the info Morten. W

Thanks for the info Morten. We usually try to fire up the motor the minute we slide the boat off the trailer. This new info should help us a lot.

I have a 1997 johnson 115 hp t

I have a 1997 johnson 115 hp that will start when key primer is held down and it will run for 10 to 15 seconds and die out. I cleaned all the carbs and replaced vapor separator with all new parts. Is the fuel pump shot? I believe its not sucking gas. Any help or ideas would be great. The boat is stored all winter.

Back