Logo

Mercury 2007 150 XR6 wont crank

"A friend of mine bought new.

"A friend of mine bought new. Since he bought he has had a hard time cranking while cold, after it fires up it will start fine. He has carried it back several times and they cannot find the problem.He has owned several boats so he knows the routine for start up.He actually wants to buy a new motor he is so frustrated! Any Ideas?"

Carry it to someone else. They

Carry it to someone else. They will show you how to start it up. Just push down and turn. 1/3 throttle. Not 20 seconds and crank.

"He has owned boats for probab

"He has owned boats for probably since they were first made lol, And I have owned boats for 25 years. No need to show how to crank. The motor has a problem."

"The carb motor really can&#39

"The carb motor really can't mess that up. 89 octane and fresh gas? What plugs are in it and how old? NGK BBZ8HS-10 is what goes in there. Make sure the enrinchier is accually working.

Sell it to me. If I get in it, it will start on 1/2 a crank.
wink.gif
"

"Thats what the dealer said al

"Thats what the dealer said also,until they tried. 3 times they have yet to repair it. It is less than 6 months old with original plugs. Does the primer solenoid push gas in with burst or just dribble in. The reason I ask,I pulled the line off to it while he engaged the primer and the fuel came out just enough that it ran down the solenoid housing with no stream at all."

The primer just runs out with

The primer just runs out with no pressure. That is gravity fed down from the top carb bowl. There should be a more than a dribble. It should run out.

Back