Logo

Evinrude Intruder E150GLERA

"Fished all day yesterday, boa

"Fished all day yesterday, boat ran fine. Long idle through marina for weigh-in the horn started sounding and the boat act like it was in S.L.O.W. I didn't know they would do this at idle. (no oil - continuous short pulses)! It is full of oil and is using plenty. Also I replaced the VRO pump last summer with a new one (Which I think it is called VRO2).I have noticed in the last year or so if I left it running at the dock while parking the truck, by the time I get back to it, it would be sounding then as well. Cut the switch off fire back it will not do it again. And it has never done this at full throttle, and will not do it all the time at idle. Any ideas on what the problem could be?"

"slow should kick in only if o

"slow should kick in only if overheat..and then to approx 2500 rpm....did u clean oil tank,and repl filter at time of VRO replacement?..your eng sensors should be ck'ed as well as the oil hose assembly...primer bulb on oil hose may be bad/sticking ck valves causing your no-oil condition.u may be sucking air at conn's at slow speed causing that prob.I would do all the above,as well as-- an idle oil consumption test on that pump.Your idle prob,..may/may not,be related to the horn activation."

When you say filter do you mea

When you say filter do you mean oil filter?I did clean the oil tank.How do you do an idle oil consumption test on pump? I have heard that the float can be come oil logged is this a normal occurence?

"Ok guys, I had the no oil ala

"Ok guys, I had the no oil alarm at idle only! I have gone thru it and pulled the oil tank apart, checked all connections, checked and cleaned the pulse limiter all checks out. This problem is driving me nuts! Something I have noticed on occasions is a wisping noise (this is the only way I can describe it) while at idle. So I was thinking recirculation hoses I went out to check them and sure enough they are dry and cracking. Will this cause my problem? If so,can I replace all of them with vaccum line from auto parts or is this a special type rubber?"

Back