Logo

40hp pro series tracker 1995

tal55lyd

"40 hp 1995 tack and voltage m

"40 hp 1995 tack and voltage meter stopped working,
replaced voltage regulator and stator, tack and meter still not working, shows no charge tack @ "o""

Dear brentle I check 20amp fus

Dear brentle I check 20amp fuse it's ok can you think of anything other
Thanks for your time
Tim

"rectifier,? were used on olde

"rectifier,? were used on older models I think, now use volt regulator. thanks for your time
Tim fm fla."

check the voltage to the gauge

check the voltage to the gauges you may have a loose or broken connection. Be sure you have a good ground.

"!995 40Hp tracker, will a bad

"!995 40Hp tracker, will a bad CDI unit make the charging system stop working? on a mercury, tack and amp meter not working, replaced stator and volt regulator"

CDI is ignition and not part o

CDI is ignition and not part of the charging system.

"Tim I suspect your chargeing

"Tim I suspect your chargeing is working if you have replaced the parts you say, put a voltmeter on the battery and check what the voltage is. while the volt meter is on the battery start the motor and look at the meter and see if the voltage goes up, rev engine. If it does your chargeing system is working and your gauges are not working."

Now that you have checked all

Now that you have checked all the (hard stuff) crawl under your dash and make sure the ground and hot feed is connected....

"Any one hot feed ? or the one

"Any one hot feed ? or the one from batter? The motor run great, just will show no charge, used volt meter from ground side of batter with neg cable off ,disconnect,thur meter to hot side of batter . no charge, tack moves to "0"when it start, volt meter moves to middle of meter or about 12 volts, will not move after motor starts stays @ 12 volts, be maybe a little discharge."

Back