Logo

Water in oil Honda BF 90

francoismoallic

"Hello,

I found a lot of in

"Hello,

I found a lot of informations on this discussion board. Like some of you, I have milky oil going out of the lower level compartment on an Honda BF 90.
But, I've an additional problem : there is a little pipe just below the motor oil filling access, and milky oil is also going out by that pipe when the motor is leveled up at its maximum hight.
Motor oil is ok, and there is water in the lower level gearbox, but I dont know anything about this pipe, looking like a "sniffler". Is anyone knowing something about it ?
Is it connected with the motor or the lower compartment ?

Many thanks."

"Thank you for this advice. Th

"Thank you for this advice. The engine is now under the control of a technician used to work on Honda.
He removed the lower unit and found milky oil coming down from the upper compartment, via the main transmission shaft. He said it looks like a burning of the engine gasket. Further investigations showed that the thermostat was covered by a "limestone and salt" jam whitch unabled it to stop temperature rising.
Now, I'm waiting his advice to know either the engine can be repaired or not !
A better maintenance procedure respect could have made me avoid that failure. Shame on me !"

Back