Logo

1996 Sea Rayder Jet Boat Stopped Running

C

C Kluz

" We just purchased a used 199

" We just purchased a used 1996 Sea Rayder jet boat. Had it out for about 1 1/2 hours. We were pulling our two small children, approx. 110 lbs on a tube. We went to cut the engine down to a slow idle and it stopped running. We couldn't getting it going again. It almost seems like someone shut the gas off to it. We checked the gauges and visibly checked the the fuel and oil. (it has plenty) It just seems like it lost gas. Doesn't seem like it wants to fire. Any suggestions before we take it in? We are totally new to this so any information available would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks. "

you should ck to see if you h

you should ck to see if you have spark on all cylinders. I assume the boat has a Merc Sportjet? You could have one of the motors that had a bad stator/regulator problem. Is it a 90 or 120 Sportjet?

It is a Merc Sport Jet with 1

It is a Merc Sport Jet with 120 hp sport jet.

" I almost bought that 120 spo

" I almost bought that 120 sport jet, but after checking on the news groups I found out that it many problems. It's a Merc by name only, it's really a FORCE engine. I called one of the certified repair shops and questioned the engine. They told me that out of 15 sold, 14 have been back for engine problems. He told me if you want to have your boat on the water rather than in the shop, avoid the 120 sport jet.

Run a check on google.com and you'll see the vast problems with this boat.

Hope yours is the exception,

Bob "

" Listen to these people! I ha

" Listen to these people! I have a Sport Jet 90. I had the same problems (and then some, Still!!!) Check your spark. I had a stator go which took out the switch box. $700 later I have some more problems. Boatdoctor1 really knows his stuff. Bailed me out once and probably twice in a few days!

Jason "

Back