Logo

06b bf150 warning horn

goinpstl1

The warning horn started going

The warning horn started going off today while I was flushing the engine.Its a solid horn and not just a beep or two.Honda dealer says it sounds like overheat and I need to change the impeller.Do you agree and is there anything I need to know before dropping the lower unit?I changed the impeller on a mercury I used to have so I have some knowledge of how to do it.Thanks

Were you using muffs or the fl

Were you using muffs or the flush port? If you were using the flush port you are not supposed to run the motor because the water pump will be dry and you will ruin it. If using muffs you should be able to run it all day long.

"Today I went to my boat to pe

"Today I went to my boat to perform my weekly startup/warmup ritual. Put the earmuffs on and turned on the water, started it up and ran it for about 10 minutes then an audible alarm went on, blinking temp light, then.... automatic shutdown. Needless to say I was freeked !!! Well not wanting to make matters worse, I figured I'd go home read my repair manual, and try to make sense of what just took place. So as I removed the muffs from the motor, I notice that the water flow from the water hose was very low, and sure enough, I did not turn the water hose valve high enough for the water pressure to adequately fill the cooling system in the motor. I put the muffs back on, boosted the water hose pressure, ran the motor for 20 minutes....WALLA, no alarm, no warning light, no shut down... I do the dumbest things sometimes !!!!"

Back