Logo

Lifting 115 HP Mercury 1978 inline 6

jimg984

Contributing Member
soon will be changing out moto

soon will be changing out motor on boat i'm not sure what is best place to attach lifting cable to the engine again its a 1978 inline 6 115HP mercury

I made a lifting tool that thr

I made a lifting tool that threads into the flywheel.But I suppose dealers have them for sale.

"does it thread into the flywh

"does it thread into the flywheel,,, or onto end of the crankshaft,,,,,,,, what did you use and where did the get the parts.. ths for your info"

Really---- It makes no differe

Really---- It makes no difference you either thread into the flywheel or remove the nut and thread onto the crankshaft.

DO NOT REMOVE THE NUT DO NOT

DO NOT REMOVE THE NUT DO NOT DO NOT DO NOT REMOVE THE NUT THE NUT IS WHAT TRANSFERS WEIGHT FROM CRANK THROUGH FLYWHEEL TO LIFTING EYE.}

"<[img]"http://www.marineengin

"
uhoh.gif

stop.gif

NO NO NO. The nut is holding the flywheel on (that is what the tool screws into) that is holding the engine up."

Simple-------- you either scre

Simple-------- you either screw a tool into the flywheel as it is or you REMOVE the nut and screw onto the crankshaft.Read the post above!!!!

Get a couple of mates by some

Get a couple of mates by some beer and get them to lift it off. Seems a lot easier than worrying where to stick a bolt and everyone gets a beer also. You cant go wrong i say.

"thanks london,,,,, you put i

"thanks london,,,,, you put it in good words

brent thanks for the info.... my wife can heft it off OK... carrying it the 50 feet to the other boat is the problem... maybe after she has the baby at the end of march she can do it....LMAO I live in the foothills of north carolina we have plently of moonshine to drink,, but that is also our fuel for the engine,, sooo best to head to the beer store"

Back