Logo

Perkins T63544M zinc anode

delladc10

I am servicing the twin Perkin

I am servicing the twin Perkins T6.3544M diesels in my recently purchased cabin cruiser. I read the workshop manual backwards and forwards and can't find any mention of the Zinc anodes. I would expect that there is some in the multicooler. Can anyone confirm their existence and location?

"My mechanic, as well as the s

"My mechanic, as well as the surveryor told me there aren't any on the T6.3544M. I also had searched."

I agree with Bob........mine w

I agree with Bob........mine were born in 1984. unless there is one on the cold chamber of the heat exchanger center bolt of the round end cap where the raw water turns to go through the stack cooling tubes into the exhaust?
Dave

HEY in my Perkins T-6 3544 M i

HEY in my Perkins T-6 3544 M is there two Zinc anodes in the saltwather coolingsystem.One in the caps off the oilcooler and the scond in a steelbend between the intercooler and the heat exchanger.The zinc anodes is probobly been eaten up so you must look for bolts that gives space for the anodes in the coolingsystem.I had to geet a new inntercooler to mine Perkins becours off no zinc anodes.Good luck From Jan Erik From NORWAY

"Thank you Jan Erik, I will ge

"Thank you Jan Erik, I will get my tools out. I certainly don't want to replace two intercoolers. Greetings from Croatia."

Back