Logo

Ted Williams 45hp outboard

"Hello All
I have a Ted Willi

"Hello All
I have a Ted Williams 4.5 and need some help. I need to replace the water pump and have the lower end apart, My problem is that I cant get the lower end to come apart. I have all the gears and propller shaft out. Have the bolt removed from exhaust port and the nut loose on the back side. Just wont slip off, Dont want to break anything. Any help would be appriciated. Thanks much"

tap on it with a piece of wood

tap on it with a piece of wood and a mallet it will come off. impellors are sold on ebay for 16.00 plus shipping dont pay 31.00 at sears

Thanks for the info: I did ge

Thanks for the info: I did get it apart however the water tube broke in the process. I found one in WI and other parts I need so hope to get it running and ready to go.
Thanks again
BRUTE

"Can you find a prop for these

"Can you find a prop for these motors anywhere besides ebay cause ours broke but the motor runs strong. send me info on a prop at [email protected]"

"Assuming it's an early 70

"Assuming it's an early 70's to mid 80's motor.
http://home.earthlink.net/~brixent/eskaprop.htm
Gamefisher/Eska were the same motors during this period. If you post the model number it would be easy to determine the year.
If it is a 217.59460-217.59464 it is between a 1971 and 1974 and would use one of the props from the site listed above."

Back