Logo

2004 225 Yamaha HPDI Compression Readings

bcrank

"Looking a boat that had power

"Looking a boat that had powerhead replaced in 2006...has 56 hrs since and 4 hrs since (computer?) replacement...he states the readings are all 95-100psi...does that seem a bit low? Should I be concerned that a powerhead and computer were replaced, then the boat traded in? Really don't know much about motors and welcome any constructive feedback to help me decide whether or not to drop 26k on a boat only to have to drop another 12k...motors in warranty until Mar 09...thanks, in advance."

"Brian, I am always concerned

"Brian, I am always concerned about any motor that needs major parts replaced after just a couple of years.

It may have simply been a bad powerhead or major part from the factory - or it may have been totally abused by the owner. Personally, I would step back from that one (for the amount of money you are mentioning).

The readings seem decent - most gauges are not calibrated well enough or accurate enough to spit out an exact number.

Ask the owner what happened with the motor. If it "just broke" then maybe the rest of it will "just break" on you as well...."

Back