Logo

Parts and manual 75 hp McCullouch

K

Ken Black

"I have a Sears-Roebuck Ted Wi

"I have a Sears-Roebuck Ted Williams 7.5 outboard.
Model 574.59950. Other info includes Simpson Sears Canada. I went to one site and the they said it was a 1969 McCulloch built for sears.
I have no spark, coils ohm out ok, cleaned points. I think the condensers may be bad. I got a good kick with ohm meter but charge bled off very quickly, 1/2 to 1 second. Is ther a better way to check condenser? The part number on the condenser is 80167 McCulloch Corp. Cannot locate this item. Was told by NAPA it was discontinued.
Any help on year and make confirmation and condenser replacement or aftermarket substitution will be appreciated.
Thanks
Ken Black"

"Ken your motor is in fact a 1

"Ken your motor is in fact a 1969, twin cylinder, 7.5 horse built by McCulloch. And yes they are out of business.

McCulloch was bought out by MTD (who makes lawnmowers, snowblowers etc). Some but not all of the patents came along with the sale. You may want to try an MTD parts dealer and perhaps they can either cross reference something for you or figure something that may work."

"Graham, I really appreciate y

"Graham, I really appreciate you response.
I think this will give me a place to start.
Thank you
Ken
PS I have a new fuel pump (gasket?) for a 1960 40 hp Johnson if you know anyone who needs it. I will be happy to mail it to them."

"Hello,
Any info on a Sears 5

"Hello,
Any info on a Sears 574.59760
I think it is a 1968 14 HP McCulloch

I'm looking for basics such as gas/oil mix and any other basic items before I start to pull the cord."

Back