seriel- 20475
any info would be great....
Year
who made it
any major problems..
and are parts still available..
Thank you

"Lou that is a 1968, twin cyli

"Lou that is a 1968, twin cylinder, 6 horse built for Wards by Chrysler.

Chrysler made an ok motor, but they are long out of business, so parts are getting scarce, although, routine maint items will normally be available if you look around a bit.

My Chrysler listings aren't the greatest but your model may be similar (or the same model) as Chryslers own 6 horse models "62 or 63 HA-HH". At least you could compare it to those if you needed parts numbers etc.

Andrew, who moderates this site, does sell tune-up parts for the Chrysler models I listed..."

i have a cheif motor i recieve

i have a cheif motor i recieved just wandering what i have? model j9 serial 75107 type 15-14-09-06-07

"Jamie the J9 Chief was a sing

"Jamie the J9 Chief was a single cylinder, 5 horse, air-cooled outboard built by Clinton between 1964-69. I can't get the year closer than that, I don't have it broken right down to serial numbers..."

thanks graham!one more questio

thanks graham!one more question.are the parts compatible with anything else like the lower unit gear cover?thanks again jamie

"Jamie, alot of the small moto

"Jamie, alot of the small motors of that era used common parts suppliers. If you compare the lower unit of yours to an OMC of the same vintage you would be hard pressed to see a difference - even though one is used on an air cooled and the other a water cooled motor.

However, I do not have any kind of cross reference data to say what will fit on what. You may want to check out www.aomci.org - the guys there may be able to give you a more specific answer.."

I have a sea king 15hp motor a

I have a sea king 15hp motor and I need help with replacing starter rope. The model# is vwb 52119a the serial# is 08x 20647. The cowl has mongomery wards and by chrysler. What year is this thing also. Any info would help thank you

"That is a 1980, Chrysler, bui

"That is a 1980, Chrysler, built for Wards (store brand - Sea King).

You need to get hold of a Seloc's manual (or similar) for Chryslers of that vintage. Replacing a starter rope can be a bit complicated (little parts that must work in a specific fashion in the starter assembly), make having a manual essential...."

i think this is the right plac

i think this is the right place to post this i think. ok the model # vwb 52106 and serial # 57x21191 it is a 6hp seaking. my starter rope will not return. it is getting warm and my two little boys would like to go fishing. can someone help. we would be very thankful if someone could. thanks

"Paul, it sounds like the spri

"Paul, it sounds like the spring in the starter assembly is shot.

Usually not a big deal, however, your motor was built by Chrysler for Montgomery Wards - both are long out of business.

You could try getting ahold of the guys at www.discount-marine-parts.com - they used to be a Chrysler dealer and still have a pile of stock parts...."

Back