Logo

Suzuki DT100 1991 wonbt run past idle

snaps

"Was on plane at 3/4 throttle

"Was on plane at 3/4 throttle when engine died. Restarted at rough idle and then stalls as soon as put into gear.Finally got home at idle speed. So far compression OK, Fuel pump OK, Spark OK, but after stall plugs look wet. Any ideas?"

"Thanks. Changed both fuel fil

"Thanks. Changed both fuel filters, New plugs, and it's electronic ignition. No broken reeds in carbs but maybe a rebuild is the answer. It's in the shop and they can't figure it our so far so I'm scrambling for ideas. I'll pass that on. Thanks again."

my 50 horse suzuki starts and

my 50 horse suzuki starts and idles at begining but when put in gear and throttled it just sputters and dies.will start again with choke open and rev up but dies repeatedly sometimes it will kick thru and haul ass only to die shortly after.

"definitely the carbs. it is

"definitely the carbs. it is running good while the bowls are full, then after a few mins. they run out of gas and it slows down!!! rebuild carbs"

"OK, rebuilt both carbs. Motor

"OK, rebuilt both carbs. Motor started after being in storage and marina giving up on fixing it. Took it out and while initially balky, got into gear and ran fullout for about 15 minutes. Slowed down to idle speed to dock and motor quit and would not run past idle again. Starts and stalls in about 10 seconds, like fuel starvation. Back to square one again."

Flushed the carbs AGAIN and so

Flushed the carbs AGAIN and some black flecks came out. Water tested with a buddy and got about 1500 yards before engine died and got towed back. Pulled bottom drains/ jets from bowls and found a piece of fibre jammed in the end orifice. Last water test boat ran A-OK. It's definitely been the carbs all along.Thanks for all your help in getting this solved.

Hi All i have a suzuki dt100 t

Hi All i have a suzuki dt100 that has an overheating problem lack of flow out of pilot plus impellar and pump replaced stats replaced still very little water????? ANY IDEAS PLEASE}}

Hi All i have a Suzuki dt100 t

Hi All i have a Suzuki dt100 that has an overheating problem lack of flow out of pilot plus impeller and pump replaced stats replaced still very little water????? ANY IDEAS PLEASE}}

Back