Logo

150hp carb on 200 yamaha

jjdluz

Regular Contributor
"i am plan to rebuild uesd 150

"i am plan to rebuild uesd 150 crab to put om 200 yamaha outboard,is that make my 200 hp drop to 150 hp?and that mean i save more fuel?any tip,thanks."

"what do u mean good luck?will

"what do u mean good luck?will it work or not?i like to use this web site because peoples are helpful,and give good tips and advice,but good luck realy dont do my any good,lol.thanks anyway."

"Jason, if it does fit and you

"Jason, if it does fit and you can get it adjusted to work properly you will definately save some fuel and also turn your 200 horse motor into a 150 horse at the same time.

On most motors, if they are based on the same powerhead, the primary difference between the different horsepower's is simply the carb. A carb from a 150 will let the motor produce 150 horses...."

I believe that you are grossly

I believe that you are grossly misinformed on "outboard motor speak " Your "new 150hp" running at full throttle would use about the same fuel as your present 200hp backed off to run at about 3600-4000RPM. It has to do with the total amount of air going thru the motor.

"just in time,what do u mean ,

"just in time,what do u mean ,yep,is carb fit?or u just yep because agree what london marine said?thanks.lol,thanks,i just need somebody tell me yep,it will fit or it will not work,thanks."

"thanks all of advices,i guess

"thanks all of advices,i guess i have to put it in to try it will work or not,will keep your update,thanks."

Back