Logo

Switching to electronic Ign

greghost

"I have a 1974 chrysler 318 in

"I have a 1974 chrysler 318 in a silverton.I have seen conversion kits that come with the plate, reluctor etc but do I need an electronic control module for this to work and how about different plug wire,coil etc?"

"I replaced my points and cond

"I replaced my points and condensor in a '71 Silverqueen 318 with a Pertronix kit and it works great, only cost about $70. Fires right up and runs great."

"CapnLazy,

I have a 73 3

"CapnLazy,

I have a 73 318 in a Gibson houseboat single screw, I do not see a 1973 in any of the sites....What would I need??? Also, how can someone tell when they need a entire new distibuter??? Does anyone have the basic wiring diagram for the ignition system?????

Thanks, Daron"

"There is an option on that we

"There is an option on that website for Marine Prestolite distributors if you have one and know the distributor number. If not, try contacting Pertronix directly to see if they can tell you what Ignitor you need."

"I picked up a complete set up

"I picked up a complete set up, including brand new distributors & all the hard ware from Mopar performance for my 1971 318"s...best 500 bucks I spent on the engines."

Back