Logo

Show compression

jjdluz

Regular Contributor
"is anybody can tell me when e

"is anybody can tell me when engine ideling in nutral,and prop is turning,that most like it mean u have good compression?is tha right?and what is the chance change cylinder head gasket,will build up the compression?50/50?40/60?"

"Sorry mate, If the gasket is

"Sorry mate, If the gasket is OK now, then changing it is a waste of time.Not to mention that on a saltwater motor you might break a few bolts.Time to invest in a compression tester.They are not that expensive."

"compression 1-3-5 is 110,2-4-

"compression 1-3-5 is 110,2-4-6-is 115,good?have orange color from all the spark plug when i test it,unplug # 4 ignition core didnt effect motor running,rest of the core does,what i need to look at next,all core and plugs ARE TEST GOOD."

"did that,and core and plug bo

"did that,and core and plug both good,what i should check next,cd wire?or check any gas go to #4 cilinder?(if not,maybe rebuild middle carb?)or any other thing i can check?thanks just in time."

"have not have time to check y

"have not have time to check yet,u think i need to check have gas go to that cylinder first or?the motor have no problem start and run,if dont have gas go to it,u think i need to pull the mid carb rebuild it?thanks."

"25 HP 2 CYL-2STROKE- hAVE 35

"25 HP 2 CYL-2STROKE- hAVE 35 LB COMPRESSION IN #1 AND 40 LBBS #2.mOTOR CRANKS GOOD,IDLES GOOD,TAKES FUEL GOOD,ACTS LIKE RUNNING ON 1 CYL.PULLED HEAD PLATE AND NOTHING OBVIOSJUNPS ATYOU??"

"Britton, what did you see whe

"Britton, what did you see when you pulled the " head plate " water jackets or pistons and cylinder walls??? Check that compression tester as it seems way out of calibration!!!Check that you have spark on both cylinders.I am told it should jump at least a gap of 3/8" nothing less will do."

pulling a park wire is not the

pulling a park wire is not the best procedure
using a timing light to test sparky is way better

Back