Logo

125 FORCE

T

Thomas Dorman

I am looking at a boat with a

I am looking at a boat with a 1994 125 force engine. I have heard alot about this engine the good bad and ugly. Myquestion is this Exactly who made this engine chrysler mercury us marine? Who? I'm lost I've heard it all...... please help...

"Thomas, I think someone is fe

"Thomas, I think someone is feeding you a line there. The last 125 horse Force motor was built in 1989. They continued the 120 horse until 94 and the was a completely Merc built model.

The 125's which were built between 83 and 89 were cross-breeds containing old Chrysler parts, newer discontinued Merc parts and just about anything else they had laying around the factory. The 125 was one of the most cobbled together models, with well in excess of 100 different versions produced during it 7 year model run.

If the cost of the rig is exceptional, then maybe it's still worth buying, but personally, I wouldn't place much value on the motor when considering the total price for the boat..."

"Thanks for the advise, but I

"Thanks for the advise, but I now know who made this engine it was US marine, it says so on the plate on the said of engine and on the engine it self..... I did buy the boat hopefully it'll be a good one....but it sounded good and ran good and hs good compression.. so keeping my fingers crossed and hoping for the best.... but again thanks for the advise...."

"If it says US Marine then it

"If it says US Marine then it is probably a mid-80's motor. When Bayliner bought Chrysler outboard (1984), they continued producing the motors as Force through their US Marine Division.

In 1986, Bayliner was bought out by Brunswick, so US Marine was given to Mercury (and the US Marine part was dropped).."

Back