Logo

Engine paint

atilla_boy

Regular Contributor
"i need to paint the head on m

"i need to paint the head on my motor but don't know what paint to use and is it possible to do while still installed in boat

146378.jpg
"

Dont know how easy it would be

Dont know how easy it would be to get into the areas in the boat. Paint wise just go to your local auto parts store to buy auto engine paint dont see why that wouldnt work good.

Engine paint. a little engine

Engine paint. a little engine degreaser and power wash might help if you have gunk on it. Pump the waste into a bucket - not the river obviously.

"Unless you remove the head an

"Unless you remove the head and degrease it, You are just wasting time, paint and money and making a mess. The engine performance will not change whatsoever"

the engine is actually very cl

the engine is actually very clean i was just worried about the salty air cause i live about 30 min from the gulf

Just degrease it with a few ca

Just degrease it with a few cans of brake clean and blow dry; now paint it with 2 coats of engine enamel by Rustoleum and be done with it.

"Ahhh
If only my engines look

"Ahhh
If only my engines looked so cleannnnnn.

When you get it painted up you may try spraying it with one of the lanolin lubricants, it stops the corrosion in its tracks.

Regards
Peter C"

"Guys point of using brake cle

"Guys point of using brake clean is a good one. I use brake clean a lot to degrease or clean various things. A lot more than i use on brakes, thats for sure. It disolves oil and dries with no residue.

That pic reminds me of an old boat i used to own several boats ago. Those were good days. They still are."

"John
It is a product that is

"John
It is a product that is pushed fairly widely in Australia but I would imagine you would probably be able to source it through an automotive spare parts place in your part of the world.
It is a good product and seems to promote some reversal in the surface oxidization of metals.
I spray my engines and and internal transom assemblies with it regularly and there is an obvious improvement in the appearence of the surfaces.
This is the product I use in my w/shop and boat.
www.woolube.com.au
Cheers
Peter C"

Back