Logo

I dont trust her yamaha 150 2s 04

mark2

"The marlin are here yellowfin

"The marlin are here yellowfin jumping into everones boat but mine! Took the engine in to get it FIXED as was dropping back to half power or less but only in the rough conditions , of course not when it is flat.....even did it going through a not always safe bar crossing on the west coast ( am in New Zealand ). The mechanic couldnt find anything wrong with the engine and basicly said it will come down to the process of elimination.......I better get if sorted or else I will be the one eliminated. have since changed the fuel filter, fuel pump diaphrams checked all fuel line , checked for condensation in underfloor tank, checked battery terminals . WHAT NEXT ?"

"first thing is first

1 do

"first thing is first

1 do you have yami gauges? any alarms?

next is the so called tech, if he did the basics checks, which i bet $1000 that he did not, here is what to do

1, i bet it is in the fuel/vent system

he should have tested
vacuum and pressures on the fuel pumps, to check for an air leak or a restriction. This would have eliminated changing parts that might be bad

either you got bad anti-syphon valves, carbs floats are wrong, loose battery cables, connections"

Back