Logo

Need help identifying this motor

shippy

I have a Sea King outboard mod

I have a Sea King outboard model number 54GG-9011. Does anyone know anything about it? Thank you--Dave

"David you have a 1955, twin c

"David you have a 1955, twin cylinder 5 horse built by Gale (model 254A) which was a division of OMC (Johnson/Evinrude).

The corresponding Gale "Buccaneer" model, which was the model sold through their own dealer network would have been a 5S11 or 5D11.

Your particular model was built for sale by Montgomery Wards department stores. Gale made a number of "store branded" outboards through the 50's and early 60's which sold under various brand names..."

Thank you for the information.

Thank you for the information.
Are these a popular engine? Are there parts available somewhere? -Dave

"David, the Gale's were qu

"David, the Gale's were quite popular in their time and there is still alot of them out there. Depending on what you may need for parts it could be relatively easy to downright difficult to find.

Carb parts, plugs, (routine maintenace parts) etc should be relatively easy to come across - these motors shared a number of parts with their OMC counterparts and other small outboards built in that era. Other items would be available through various engine recyclers."

i have some pdf files for sea

i have some pdf files for sea kings and their carbs if you want them i'll e=mail them to you

Back