Logo

Prop size question

aquakenbush

Contributing Member
"Hey there,

I am starting t

"Hey there,

I am starting to think of all the things I need to do to the boat to get it ready for the new season and I need to replace one of my props. I figure this might be a good time to think about changing my pitch or size as I already have to replace one.

I am running Dual 4.3 VP 290-C with single props at 15inch by 19degrees right now.

Here is my problem:
When the boat is up on plane WOT is good and speed is great, revs are right where they should be. My problem is it takes a week and a half to get up on plane and if I dont trim the crap out of it I can hardly get up on plane at all. Near the end of last season the trim tabs stopped working and I could hardly get the boat up on plane and it would porpoise a lot. I know the boat is very rear heavy and I have moved all I can forward (including the wife sometimes) I will be getting the tabs fixed but I was wondering if there was another prop size that would help out my hole shot and get me out of the water a little easier as its putting a heck of a strain on the engines trying to lug this thing outta the water. It got so bad last year I never filled the fuel tank more then half.

I dont mind sacrificing speed as I pretty much doing 30mph at 3600 as it is.

Another note, if I get below about 3300 the boat will start to drop off plane (about 22mph)

Suggestions/comments??

Thanks,

-Andrew"

Back