Logo

1955 Evinrude 75 hp

boyersa

I have a 1955 evinrude 7.5 hp

I have a 1955 evinrude 7.5 hp 7518-11398. }}I have been trying to locate a piston conector rod but no luck. Can anyone help? If I can't find the part I need then I may just part it out if any one is interested. phone 910-330-8929

"I'd check my remaining st

"I'd check my remaining stock but I need a part number, also whatever casting numbers are on the rod."

The only numbers I have are ca

The only numbers I have are cast into the rod. 277196-1. Another thing I have been trying to do is get the rings freed up from the pistons. I am hoping they will break loose. Do you think it will be a problem if I try to reuse them? The problem I found with the motor is the pistons were set up from a plug being out and allowing the rings to rust up. The motor looks to be in pretty good shape otherwise. It came from up-state New York so I am thinking fresh water.

Thanks again

"Hopefully someone will jump i

"Hopefully someone will jump in here with the part numbers for the rings and con rod. It would be a big help.

If the rings free up, try cleaning them with wet or dry 600 or 400 sandpaper (Black Paper). If they aren't pitted, you may be lucky with their reuse.

I checked but I don't have anything that matches up with that rod casting number."

I apreciate you looking into w

I apreciate you looking into what you have. I called Seaway Marine and they say good luck.....

Thanks for the heads up. Hope

Thanks for the heads up. Hope you guys didn't think I forgot about you. It has been very busy for the USMC.
Thanks again

Back