Logo

Mariner 30Hp details

J

Jason Eggins

"Hi, I just bought a boat with

"Hi, I just bought a boat with a Mariner 30hp. (30ML 689 L 536538)
Was wondering what year, Yam or Merc built and is 50:1 correct fuel ratio?
Is there a website with a database for this sort of detail?
Cheers, Jason."

"Jason, that is a 1994 model -

"Jason, that is a 1994 model - the last year of the 100% Yamaha built Mariners in that particular model. You may find it listed as a model 30A on some merc sites.

Yes, 50:1 is the correct ratio. This motor may have originally come with an Auto-Blend system (oil system). It doesn't sound like it is still with it (which is a good thing). It would have been a separate unit (oil resovoir and pump etc that hooked up between the gas tank and the motor).

You can find parts lists (with diagrams) for this model on some of the Merc websites like www.mercruiserparts.com/mercruiser_parts.asp but personally have never come across much other info in one single spot.

A well built motor. If you plan on keeping it around for a while and doing the normal maintanance yourself, grab yourself a manual. Andrew who runs this site sells them - can have a look on the right side of this webpage..."

"I am the original owner of a

"I am the original owner of a 1973 Mercury 9.8 HP, serial 7008384. The engine "coughs" intermittently when running at idle, but this symptom disappears when in forward gear and seems to run fine. The carburetor was re-built by a marine shop last year and the fault is still present. Unfortunately I did not have time to take it back. Where do I look to solve this problem, fuel or ignition?

The fuel pump has never been rebuilt. Everything else on this engine is original."

I have a 20Hp Mariner serial #

I have a 20Hp Mariner serial #oa9446 75 When on the boat it tends to turn to the right alto the top of the motor is at dead center of the transum
also where do you disconnect the gear shifter to remove the lower foot

The trim tab on the lower foot

The trim tab on the lower foot can be adjusted to compensate for the torque of the engine. Move it to the right in your case.

Back