Logo

90 HP 2 Stroke Running off of 2 Cyl

rmayet

"The problem occurred while ru

"The problem occurred while running ~4700 rpms, the motor shut off, cranked back up and had a significant loss of power. After troubleshooting, it was found that the problem was not in the fuel system but rather the motor was firing off of 2 cylinders. Would or could this be a problem in the ignition coils or the power pack circuitry? Any help on how to begin troubleshooting? I have checked the plugs and they all firing. I also swapped the coil connections on the power pack and the middle cylinder is still operating. Does anyone know of any good documentation that may help with troubleshooting? I purchased the motor used and dont have any manuals. I do have access to compression gauges and multimeters. Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks!"

"you might be able to get a fa

"you might be able to get a factory manual still, if not get both of the aftermarket ones
i only have 96-08 manuals

might be a bad coil, bad wire, trigger or bad CDI
i would clean all connections first and go from there"

"I checked the compression on

"I checked the compression on all cylinders and found that the one giving me the problem has absolutely no compression...So, i now have a decision to make. Over haul or buy a new one. I just cant see spending all that money on a '88 model outboard. Anyway, this is a wonderful site and thanks for all the help!"

Back