Logo

1997 Mariner EFI 25L High Pressure Fuel Pump

cjr

"New to this forum and I have

"New to this forum and I have a question regarding the high pressure fuel pump located inside the Vapor Separator Tank (VST). The pump
was frozen after sitting for 3 years on my counter rotating motor. I was finally able to get the pump to run, but there is no pressure.The final fuel filter was removed and cleaned, the pulse fuel pump was rebuilt and a new water seperating filter installed. Fuel is getting to the VST. The voltage to the Pump is the same as the battery voltage(12.58v). The pressure regulator test OK according to the service manual and the connection to the ECM harness test OK. Does anyone know if there are any other test I can run to verify that the pump
is bad before I have to spend $500+ on a new fuel pump. Thanks in advance for you help."

"sorry carl i think your in th

"sorry carl i think your in the same boat that im in. you gave the advice on how to free up the pump but i think im going to have to bite the bullet and buy a new one. 500 bucks is an alot for a new pump but i guess i learned my lesson and wont neglect my boat anymore. hope everything works out good luck. p.s. im still looking for a better price on that pump, let me know if u find one cheaper"

"Greg,

Try iShopMarine.com.

"Greg,

Try iShopMarine.com. The price for my pump(which I believe is the same as yours)is $443 plus freight."

Back