monte

Regular Contributor
"Any help would be appreciated

"Any help would be appreciated!
145732.jpg
145733.jpg
"

"Chrysler-manufactured, all of

"Chrysler-manufactured, all of them. They've had a hard life.

#1 looks like it may be from a sea king (by the colors only). At any rate, it's identical to Chryslers and Vikings of the same vintage.

#2 is toast (broken bearing carrier bolt receiver).

#3 is from the mid 60's (probably 6hp), the remainder are from from the late 60s to early 80s'.

What is your plan for them?
All of them appear to be from 6-15hp engines."

"Thanks Guys that really helps

"Thanks Guys that really helps. My plans are to salvage any usable parts. At first I wanted to sell the whole units on ebay but there to bad of shape. I took the #4 apart and it had electro magnets(electric shift)for the reverse and forward gear. I was told that they were only made by Johnson 40Hp. What do you guys think?
Other then experience is there a for sure way to identifie these lower units with the part number of the gear housings? Obviously if the gears are in good condition it would be hard for me to sell them if I don't know the part number of the gears themselves.I look up the part numbers often on this home page but most don't come up because there prior to 68 or discontinued. any advise would be appreciated
happy.gif
"

"#4 is strange, It looks for a

"#4 is strange, It looks for all the world like a Chrysler lower unit, and as far as I know they never used and electric shift. In the picture it looks like the shift rod is even visible."

Back