Logo

1995 150 hp Saltwater Series Outboard

lunker

"}<font face=""times new roman

"}<font face=""times new roman,times,roman""><font color=""000000"">This morning motor was running fine, then at trolling speed it sounded funny, metally. I put it up to 3300 and headed back in. Then it started to sound gravelly, it suddenly began to slow, then it seemed to seize and it shut down. Turning the key seven or eight times it would not turn over. Then on the next try it cranked slowly, vey slowly. In the next few cranks it started still sounding gravelly. I got back to the dock and pulled the crowling. Water pressure was good and a steady was coming out of the pee hole. The only thing I could see is the oil reservoir was overful. (a week ago the oil well went low and I had to fill it manually). I ran it in the slip. I got full power in neutral. I did get power under a load(boat tied to the slip) /The motor however still sounded gravelly or missing. Can you help with the problem before I unnecessarily pull the boat. thank you in advance.</font></font>"

"Thanks for responding, I am g

"Thanks for responding, I am going to pull the boat today and take it to the dealer."

watch out on that though
they

watch out on that though
they might say need new motor when it is a lower unit

"They are a pretty honest deal

"They are a pretty honest dealership in rural OK, so I think it will be ok. They have been honest in the past. I remember just before it happened I was stirring up mud in about a foot of water and maybe picked up something in the intake that caused the motor to heat up and shut down. Then as it cooled it started again. Have to check for lower unit damage. Thanks"

Back