Logo

93 225 txr 2stroke

grouper

"hoping some one has had exper

"hoping some one has had experience with this problem already. -a 1993 225 txr 2 stroke- since i,ve had this engine it has had a ocasional problem on the water going from idle to a higher speed ,it will fumble around 1400 rpm and often die this will happen two or three times . till i rev it up in nuetral , then i have to quickly shove it gear before it returns to idle speed , not excactly good for the lower unit last time on the water it went from annoying to might have to be towed i did have a problem with throttle position sensor plug connection i recrimped a new set of conn. on but the stumbleing block i have ,is that the manual says you most use yamaha testers and looks like i need to or three different ones to chech the various sensors"

"yeah it would idle ,but push

"yeah it would idle ,but push the throttle foward out of neutral and it dies , but i can pull the throttle out for nuetral high idle and rev it up ,but if i put it in gear from a idle at a stand still it wiil die , you think it might be low speed jets ?"

"thanks for the advice just i

"thanks for the advice just in time , im going to check the tps again to see if it gets any reading on the volt meter, and go from there"

Why that would be a " thro

Why that would be a " throttle position sensor "

Back