Logo

Solex side draft to down draft conversion

ejbtech1

Regular Contributor
"As many of you know, I have a

"As many of you know, I have a 1980 Renken 21 footer with an AQ 120B. This has been one BIG project.
She is up for the winter, but I intend on doing a re-ring in February, to solve a blow-by issue.
I have had problems with my solex 44 phn side draft carb, and after many searches for a "new" carb, I have come up empty-handed. The rebuild kits are available, but my carb is worn out from salt.(it actually put pin holes in the bowl)Seems that the down draft carbs are more common, and I have found several new ones online.
So........What I would like to do is find a down draft manifold and carb for this engine. Does anyone know or can anyone tell me if this is possible, or where I can look for the parts?
Thanks and MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!"

"The downdraft setup should wo

"The downdraft setup should work, right? I mean a carb is a carb, so as long as I get the right amount of fuel, there shouldn't be any problems.
The 125 and 131 are both inline four cylinders."

"i will say that those volvo m

"i will say that those volvo motors were very common in volvo cars. But they did have fuel injection early on. The point it, you may look for an automotive carb to convert."

"Hey Eric , If the float in yo

"Hey Eric , If the float in your Solex 44PHN carb is good and you want be needing it , I will buy it . thx Leo"

Back