Logo

F0rce 1988 125hp c intermitting

"looses about 200rpm's and

"looses about 200rpm's and if I don't accelerate engine will stall.I just bought boat and don't know much history.I did change out the fuel tank and gas.It appears that the carbs may have been spitting out,there is quit a bit of oil on and unde the bowl It seems to run well at high rpm's but really havent been able to run it very long because of no wake zone. How can I trouble shoot the ignition system. I am pretty shore thats my problem.I will try and get more details today"

"That could be a possibility,

"That could be a possibility, but I still think it's ignition.I checked for Spark and getting spark on all. But the #2 plug looks clean like it isn't fireing."

"If you find you need a coil,

"If you find you need a coil, ebay has em cheap here is one i found ebay item #300140810692. It is a single coil pack and may work. also if you have the prestolite ignition (blue box) it could be one of the 2 modules. Try switching the modules and see if it still does it."

I bought a service manual toda

I bought a service manual today and it stated that if one plug is clean which itis I have water in that cylander. What would be the cause? could it be a head gasket or something worst? thanks for the info

"I tried doing one I think the

"I tried doing one I think ther is something wrong with my checker I only get 50 lbs pressure on all cylanders.I went ahead and ordered a Head gasket. I will pick up another compression gauge this weekend. If I am getting water in the cylanders,should I spray anything into the Spark plug holes until I get the Gasket?"

wet is when you pour some oil

wet is when you pour some oil down into the cylinders

dry is just compression check without oil

then you can do cold and hot also

"Hi guys, we fought a 50hp For

"Hi guys, we fought a 50hp Force with a similar problem. We changed out coils, did electrical work, etc. In the end it was a $3 spark plug problem. Have you bought a new set yet? If it persists after new plugs put your timing light on her and observe the light rythm before she hesitates and compare it to when she hesitates, good luck."

"Water was getting into the fu

"Water was getting into the fuel tank around the the fuel indicater . I did a compression check and it is between 146 & 150 on all 4 . i beleive I resolved the problem, I think I fixed the leak and I installed a water seperator runs good at the dock. Will take a test run Sat. or Sun."

Back