Logo

Johnson Evinrude Model Number Location

kiwi_dave

Contributing Member
"Could someone advise where I

"Could someone advise where I might actually find the Johnson Evinrude Model Number on the actual motor (Ive had a fair old look around but Im buggered if I can see it). The only reason I know that my motor is a 140 EJ 1984, is from the last service man that serviced my motor"

"Standing in back of the engin

"Standing in back of the engine and facing the spark plugs, port is to the left, starboard is to the right.

There should be a plate on the port transom bracket (bracket that attaches engine to the boat) that has the model and serial number imprinted.

You may also find a small quarter sized core plug (looks like a small freeze out plug) on the powerhead that has those same numbers. On the 1984 model, that core plug would be on top of the powerhead near the port cylinder head gasket.

When time permits, visit my store (copy/paste) at: stores.ebay.com/Evinrude-Johnson-Outboard-Parts-etc?refid=store"

"I have a 65 HP 3 cylinder Evi

"I have a 65 HP 3 cylinder Evinrude which I believe is a 1973-1991, model#65273S, serial#J 014399 that is an electric shift. I just purchaced the boat thinking I can fix it,I was wrong. It is stuck in forword gear and I can't get it out. Any help would be great. Are there any solinoids that shift it in the tranny?"

"Brian... 1973 65hp Evinrude.

"Brian... 1973 65hp Evinrude. Your post is buried under another members post. Go back to the previous page, then clisk on the link in the blue border at the top of the column that states "Start New Discussion". Enter your question there."

I have a 6 HP Evinrude serial

I have a 6 HP Evinrude serial number 6902H-E10919. Is it a 1969 and what is the fuel/oil ratio? Thanks

Back