Logo

1975 johnson no vacum

ted

Contributing Member
"have a 1975 jonhson ss,hard s

"have a 1975 jonhson ss,hard starting over the year, very ruff idel,good spark, great compression 90/95. now will not fire,when I hand choke 0 vacum, whats up thanks TED"

"first thing i did,there good,

"first thing i did,there good, clean, and making a good seal,i also re torked all bolts on power head,i think it might be the pistion skirts, what you think THANKS TED"

You say you have good cylinder

You say you have good cylinder compression and then you say you are doubting the piston skirts.Makes no sense whatsoever.

"the rings make compression ab

"the rings make compression above the reeds,the skirts make vacum below the reed valves,the engine was re ringed by last owener,he must have honded it to much, that what a johnson dealer told me today..does that make sense"

Maybe the labarynth seal betwe

Maybe the labarynth seal between the 2 crankcases and maybe the lower crankcase seal.At any rate from what you are saying this motor needs to come apart for inspection.When it was put together maybe the "mechanic" did not understand the concept of a metal to metal joint.Absolute care must be taken when assembling a 2 stroke motor.

Back