Logo

Ol injection

M

mandocat

"I have just bought a 92 90hp

"I have just bought a 92 90hp evinrude that runs great and I am wondering about if i should continue using the oil injection system or plug it and add my own oil! any history of failure on these , I was told this was the first year for these and there are no alarms or warnings, so I am kinda worried, any ideas?
thanks"

1984 was the first year!You ar

1984 was the first year!You are getting poor information.The newer units had better warnings.I still do not need such a system.

1984 was the first year!You ar

1984 was the first year!You are getting poor information.The newer units had better warnings.I still do not need such a system.What is the model # of your motor?

"it is dark everytinme i get t

"it is dark everytinme i get this i will getmodel # and thanks for response sounds like i need to just do like ive done all along with other boats and do it myself. Guess have to run boat to empty andf plug off injecter and get after it. it really runs good but ??????????
thanks i will get back
oh yeah the starter in the mornn just spins and wont engagw till i make it and then the rest of the day as it warms[i guess] it works everytime....weak starter? i got a guarantee on it and theyre not replacing starter or bendix like i think the problem is... they think it might be a voltage problem... oh well i caught a Bunch of big bluecats in it yesterday, so all is well as far as that goes.thanks"

"I bought a 1996 90hp Johnson

"I bought a 1996 90hp Johnson and the Vro pump was disconneced when I got it I did not like the way it run on pre-mix, plus the pain it was pre mixing so I hook VRO back up it runs 100% better and a lot less carbon the guy I bought motor from use to troll a lot and I was amassed of how much carbon was in engine I ran OMC decarbon threw her twice now she back to normal Oh when I bought motor and boat there was only 300hrs on it So I think leaving the VRO pump hooked up works"

Back