Logo

Tohatsu 1996 50 hp

P

pat legros

Hey guys how are yall. Guys i

Hey guys how are yall. Guys i am having a problem with my motor. It all started after i converted from having an oil pump injection to taking the oil pump out and directly putting oil into the gas. I did this due to the fact that if my safety system did not work and tell me that my oil pump was going out are is out that i would not burn up my engine. Now the problem that persist is at a certian speed i am estimating 3/4 to full throttle open i am getting a horn that shuts my engine down it does not kill it completly but runs like hell. After i back off and wait for a few minutes it clears up and as long as i am half throttle runs great but cant go any furthur are it will in turn trip the horn and do the same again. Obviuosly when i made this change i didnt correctly finish and complete all that needed to be done. I sure would appreciate some advise on this issue. Thankyou Pat Legros
Sorry about bringing this problem to johnson/evinrude but could not get reply in tohatsu/nissan

"i'm not that familiar w/t

"i'm not that familiar w/tohatsu,but it sounds like it is going into S.L.O.W.,speed limitimg operational warning.Your oil electronics need furthur disconnecting,or you may be over heating.."

Back