Logo

Changing vro pump

little_cajun

I have a 1986 150hp evinrude w

I have a 1986 150hp evinrude with a bad vro pump and i want to know if i could put a fuel pump off of a 1990 150hp johnson that i have thats not vro and make it work because the hoses are the same i think.also it mounts right on the moter just like it was made for it.please send advise

"Pete,

I'm sure people

"Pete,

I'm sure people with much more expertise will be responding. However, why not look up the part number for your motor's pump and the part number for the newer motor's pump. If they are by chance the same that would suggest they are the same. Maybe you can even find the part mumbers on the pumps themselves.

John"

I have a 150 evinrude and want

I have a 150 evinrude and want to know if i can plug the oil line on the vro and mix the oil and gas myself and run it like that. 1986 model.

"yep,it takes 2 fuel pumps,and

"yep,it takes 2 fuel pumps,and needs both.removal of the old VRO,is a very good move!.jwb"

"The bottom of the vro pump on

"The bottom of the vro pump on my evinrude 150 came off. I found two small rubber discs in the bottom of the motor, and I wonder if I can put the piece back on the pump and convert it to a fuel only pump and mix the gas? Anyone? 1987 model motor and vr02 pump."

Back