MarineEngine.com - Your online store for all types of marine engines and boat parts.
PHONE ORDERS
Monday - Friday
9:00 AM - 5:00 PM EST
Click for TOLL-FREE Number
Online Checkout
Special $9.95 Flat Rate Shipping
(800) 209-9624 | Home | Contact | Shipping | Returns | Cart View your shopping cart.
Part Number Search
Shop by engine/drive part number.
Original & matching parts for sale.
Manuals & Accessories
Shop by description, item number
or manufacturer's model number.
Boat Repair Forum Boat Repair Forum   Boat Video Gallery Video Gallery

Default "i have a 200 Johnson. When we

"i have a 200 Johnson. When we get over 4,000 rpms a steady beep a light comes on. But we have a low oil light and temp light so its neither one of these problems. does anyone have any suggestions?"

Default Could be a fuel delivery probl

Could be a fuel delivery problem. Ck you lines and filters for stopage or leaks.

Default "In agreement with Willard'

"In agreement with Willard's reply and adding to it.....

(Fuel Anti Siphon Valve)
    (J. Reeves)

Many of the later OMC V/6 engines incorporate a fuel restriction warning via a vaccum device attached to the powerhead. If the engine overheats, or if you have a fuel restriction, the warning is the same.... a steady constant beep.

NOTE... Only the V/6 & V/8 engines have the above "Fuel Restriction Warning". The warning horn will not sound on the other models.

The fact that a engine is not overheating, but the warning horn sounds off with a constant steady beep, and that the rpms drop drastically would indicate that the engine is starving for fuel due to a fuel restriction. Check the built in fuel tank where the rubber fuel line attaches to the tank fitting. That fitting is in all probability a "Anti Siphon" valve which is notorious for sticking in a semi closed position. It will be aluminum, about 2" long, and the insides of it will consist of a spring, a ball, and a ball seat. If this valve exists, remove it, knock out those inner components which will convert it to a straight through fitting, then re-install it. Hopefully that cures the problem.

The above procedure will cure a restriction problem with the anti siphon valve as stated. BUT, it may also allow fuel to drain backwards to the fuel tank when the engine is not running (siphoning backwards) due to the fact that the carburetors/fuel pump etc are higher than the fuel tank. This condition is not an absolute as the valves in the fuel primer bulb usually prevent this backwards siphoning problem. However.... if this does take place, the cure would be to install a new anti siphon valve."
    Our questions require answers. If you refuse to answer our questions, how can we answer yours?

Default Joe I just read your posting o

Joe I just read your posting on valve in tank I have a 1996 V4 90hp still having trble with the check engine light staying on and horn sounding for about a minute or so when running at all speeds I have put new water pump and new thermostats in engine runs great no decrease in rpms just that stupid light staying on do you think it could be that tank valve???

FRED FITCH IV Guest

Default "QUESTION FOR JOE REEVES ABOUT

"QUESTION FOR JOE REEVES ABOUT THIS CHECK ENGINE LIGHT I HAVE BEEN WORKING ON A 2000 175HP JOHNSON DOING THE SAME THING CHECK ENGINE LIGHT A SLIGHT HIGH SPEED SPUDDER NO FUEL TROUBLE (POSITIVE) MOTOR RUNS FINE AT ALL RPMS JUST DOES IT SOMETIMES MAY SHUT DOWN AND NOT RESTART FOR A WHILE, WE HAQVE CHANGED EVERYTHING EXECPT CHARGE COIL ANY IDEA???"